- While data science has shown a great potential as a new paradigm of science, scientists are often unaware of how to access science data for their research, and
- there are not nearly enough data scientists available to help them, which hinders many scientists from benefiting from the opportunity of data science.
- Meanwhile, there has been increasing interest in the technology of conversational agent, which was greatly contributed by recent breakthroughs made in AI.
- Search intent of scientists will not be expressed in just one query. It will be rather expressed by a series of related queries.
- Scientists often may not know what is their exact queries. Rather, they will often develop their queries during attempt of multiple related queries.
- To develop a dialog system for search-oriented dialog, to help scientists search science data
- gives an initial question
- modifies the question by adding a new condition ('human')
- changes the condition (from 'human' to 'mouse')
- adds a new condition as an alternative
- To develop a benchmark dataset
- To develop a baseline system
- to develop an evaluation framework
- To develop a full system (with a focus on user intent detection and its translation into SPARQL)